About First Frost
The Hosta First Frost is a stunning addition to any garden. Its unique blue-green leaves with creamy white edges make it stand out among other hostas. The plant grows to a mature size of up to 18 inches tall and 24 inches wide, making it the perfect size for any garden.
- Unique blue-green leaves with creamy white edges
- Grows to a mature size of 18 inches tall and 24 inches wide
- Perfect for adding contrast to any garden
- Likes to stand in shade with a little bit of morning sun
- A great addition to any (shade) garden
How to care for First Frost?
- Simply choose a location with partial to full shade and well-drained soil.
- Dig a hole slightly larger than the root ball and place the hosta in the hole, making sure to cover the roots with soil.
- Water well and keep the soil consistently moist but not waterlogged.
- Make sure to fertilize it once a month during the growing season.
- Also, keep an eye out for slugs and snails and remove them promptly.
- In the fall, you can cut the leaves down to the ground to make way for new growth the following spring.