About Queen of the Night
We don’t have to explain why we love this Queen of the Night tulip so much. The burgundy color is very special and will look great in every garden. With its velvety petals in the darkest shades of purple, this tulip variety will steal the spotlight and make your neighbours green with envy. Queen of the Night tulips make an excellent addition to garden beds, borders, or containers, adding dramatic flair to any landscape.
- Nighttime royalty: the Tulip Queen of the Night boasts deep, velvety purple petals that create a stunning contrast in any garden.
- Showstopper blooms: each flower stands tall and proud, commanding attention with its regal presence.
- Unparalleled elegance: this tulip variety adds a touch of sophistication and drama to any floral arrangement or landscape.
- Late-blooming wonder: the Queen of the Night blooms in late spring, extending the beauty of your garden into the twilight hours.
How to plant and take care of Queen of the Night
- Choose a well-draining location with full sun or partial shade.
- Plant the bulbs in the fall, around six inches deep and four to five inches apart.
- Water the bulbs after planting and keep the soil slightly moist throughout the growing season.
- Apply a balanced fertilizer in early spring to promote healthy growth.
- Protect the bulbs from extreme cold temperatures by covering them with mulch during winter.
- Deadhead the faded flowers to encourage the plant's energy to focus on bulb development.
- Allow the foliage to wither naturally before removing it, as this helps store energy for next year's blooms.