Introducing you to our awesome Merlot tulip. No, this isn’t the red wine, unfortunately… But, this is even better. Fill up your garden with this beautiful tulip with deep burgundy petals. Grab the opportunity to infuse your landscape with the allure of rich crimson and let the Tulip Merlot be the star of your garden show! And while you’re waiting for these tulips to bloom, you can have your sip of Merlot...
- Deep burgundy beauty: The Tulip Merlot showcases a captivating color reminiscent of a fine glass of red wine, making it a truly luxurious addition to your garden.
- Elegant form: With its slender stems and graceful shape, this tulip variety exudes elegance and charm, creating a stunning visual impact wherever it blooms.
- Long-lasting blooms: Enjoy weeks of vibrant color as the Tulip Merlot boasts a remarkable blooming period, adding a burst of beauty to your garden for an extended time.
How to plant and take care of Merlot
- Planting Time: For best results, plant Tulip Merlot bulbs in the fall before the first frost, allowing them time to establish their roots.
- Location: Choose a well-drained area that receives at least six hours of direct sunlight each day to ensure optimal growth and blooming.
- Soil Preparation: Prepare the soil by adding organic matter such as compost or peat moss to improve drainage and fertility.
- Planting Depth: Dig a hole approximately 6 inches deep and place the bulb with the pointed end facing upwards.
- Spacing: Space the bulbs about 4-5 inches apart to give each tulip enough room to grow and thrive.
- Watering: Keep the soil evenly moist but not waterlogged during the growing season, especially in dry periods.
- Aftercare: Once the Tulip Merlot blooms have faded, allow the foliage to wither naturally, providing the bulb with energy for next year's growth.
- Protection: Protect the bulbs from extreme cold temperatures by applying a layer of mulch over the planting area during winter.