Calla Flame is the perfect addition to your garden, also known as Calla Lilies. The Calla Flame's blossoms open yellow with a red edge, but as they mature, you’ll get a glowing, flame-red flower.
- Vibrant orange-red flowers that bloom in spring and summer
- Low-maintenance plant that thrives in moist, well-drained soil
- Great for borders, pots, or as a cut flower
- Can reach a height of up to 20 inches
- They make a fantastic cut bouquet
- Mostly found by lakes in moist soils
- Flowers from June till August, if provided with sun
How to care for Flame
- First, choose a well-draining soil mix with a pH level between 6.0-6.5.
- Plant the rhizomes 3-4 inches deep and 12-18 inches apart in a sunny or partially shaded location, ideally receiving 6 hours of sunlight daily.
- Keep the soil consistently moist but avoid over-watering, as this can lead to root rot.
- Fertilize monthly with a balanced liquid fertilizer during the growing season.
- In colder climates, dig up the rhizomes and store them in a cool, dry place during winter.
- Provide adequate support to prevent the tall flower stems from toppling over
- Deadhead spent blooms to encourage further flowering.